- GEO is more widely used than LEO (incl. judging by the number of skipped questions for LEO-related data). Himawari and FY satellite data are more widely used in the region. There is a lot of interest in using FY-4A sounding data (slide 7). Commercial data are not frequently used in the region. However, some users utilize this data for special events (slide 17).
- Most users access satellite data via the Internet for both GEO and LEO data (slides 8 & 13).
- About 20% of users reported that they do not use LEO satellite data at all (slide 17).
- Most of the priority application areas are well covered by corresponding training. Training is reported to be still needed for Climate, Hydrology, NWP (slide 20).
- Training is also required in Air quality, Cryosphere and Urban Management (slide 21).
- Preparation and effective utilization of new generation satellites is singled out as an area where further training is needed. Additionally, training in Physical basis of remote sensing, satellite derived products utilization and interpretation, satellite data processing and visualization is required by users (slide 22).
- Users are not aware of the learning resources available online for the Region (slide 24).