In February 2023, Bryce published their annual analysis of small satellites activities in 2022.
In 2022, 80% of small satellites launched were for communications applications.
In 2022, small satellites represented:
- 95% of all spacecraft launched
- 54% of all spacecraft upmass
For small satellites launched since 2013:
- 66% are owned by SpaceX (includes swarm)
- 75% are owned by SpaceX and OneWeb
- 25% are owned by 208 other commercial operators
The full report can be downloaded from BryceTech.